Status message

Child Benefit becomes "Groeipakket" on 1/01/2019.

Key moments

Birth, adoption, graduation...
We are always happy to provide you with useful information & inspiration for you and your child.
That way, key moments become the most memorable ones.

What is your current situation?

Ik ben zwanger

I'm pregnant

All children must be given every opportunity from the day they are born. To support proud parents in this important responsibility, every child born after 1/1/2019 and residing in Flanders is entitled to a “welcome-to-the-world” gift in the form of a starting amount. 

I'm pregnant

Foster parent

I’m a foster parent

As a foster parent, you are responsible for the care and costs associated with raising your foster child. You will therefore receive the full basic amount, potentially supplemented with care and social allowances for your foster child. 

I'm a foster parent

I want to adopt

I want to adopt

Adopting a child is a major commitment. Parents in Flanders who welcome an adopted child into their family from 1/1/2019 are entitled to a starting amount. This supplementary allowance is the same as the starting amount for newborns. 

I want to adopt a child


Starting childcare

If your child attends a Dutch-language childcare facility in Flanders or Brussels-Capital, and you do not pay based on your income, then you are entitled to a childcare allowance from 1/1/2019. 

Childcare allowance

toddler allowance

Starting pre-school

From 1/1/2019, all 3-year-old children who are enrolled in Dutch-language education, and children of 4 years who remain enrolled and attend school frequently enough, receive an allowance: the toddler allowance. 

Toddler allowance

My child has graduated

My child has graduated

Is your son or daughter no longer attending school? Please notify your Growth Package payment provider as soon as possible. If your child no longer satisfies the award conditions for a “student”, you may still be eligible to claim a “school leaver” family allowance for a period of 12 months. 

My child has graduated

My child had become an adult

My child has become an adult

Their coming of age will result in your son or daughter assuming an increasing amount of responsibility. The Growth Package payment will continue in certain circumstances. 

My child has become an adult

My child is going abroad

My child is going abroad

Is your son or daughter about to embark on a foreign adventure? Please make sure you inform your Growth Package payment provider. In some cases, you will still be entitled to the Growth Package or a portion of it. 

Contact us


Unable to find what you were looking for?

View our frequently asked questions or contact us.